You're seeing this message because you're using an older version of Internet Explorer that is unsupported on our website. Please use these links to upgrade to a modern web browser that fully supports our website and protects your computer from security risks.
TIGER Mapping Service. Allows generation of maps displaying United States census geography, and selected demographic data.
FSU Geography Subject Guide. Guide to the best geography resources available at the FSU library.
- Large collection of 7.5' (1:24,000) USGS quadrangle maps including all quadrangles for MD, PA, WV, VA, NY and others.
- Smaller collection of 1:50,000. 1:100,000, and 1:250,000 USGS maps for the Mid Atlantic region.
- Large collection of international maps, folded state road maps, and city street maps.
- List of National Geographic Maps (PDF) in the Library's Collection.
- For an explanation of map scales, please click here.
- Most maps do circulate. Tubes are supplied at the circulation desk for circulating maps.
- For USGS maps, use the state map indexes on floor two or search the Geographic Names Information System and locate the area you are interested in then check the Map Case Label Key (white binder located on top of the map cases) to find which case your map is located in.
- Use catalogUSMAI, our online catalog, and do a keyword search on the geographic area you are interested in. Look for MAP tag in catalog record. Write down the call number.
- Use the Map Case Label Key (white binder located on top of map cases) to find the map's location. This key includes a listing of the all cases and file cabinets that house maps.
- If you cannot find what you are looking for, please see a Reference Librarian for help.
- You can also order USGS Maryland topographic maps from the Maryland Geological Survey. Maps are $5 plus $2 for shipping.